2017 Generac Protector 60kW Model #RG060
Call for Price
Automatic Backup for Large or Custom Homes
Looking to back up your entire home, or more items than usual? Consider the Protector Series gaseous automatic backup generator line. These units powers essential appliances and modern technologies during power outages, allowing homeowners and their families to continue living life comfortably and without interruption.
What Makes the Protector Series Such a Great Choice?
Generac's Protector Series offers benefits that competitors’ can’t match. Installation flexibility and cost reduction. Sophisticated, yet intuitive controls. Quiet operation. Supported by a 24/7/365 customer support team at our corporate headquarters, and a nationwide dealer network of more than 6,000 strong.
- The best liquid cooled engine packs more power into a smaller footprint - ideal when space is a premium. The neutral styling, color and small footprint fits unobtrusively into landscaping. Clean burning, continuous fuel choice of natural gas to LP.
- True Power™ Technology: Delivers best-in class power quality with less than 5% total harmonic distortion (THD) for clean, smooth operation of sensitive electronics and appliances.
- Evolution™ Controller: A cutting-edge, intuitive control. The Evolution controller features a multilingual, two-line LCD text display with color-coded, backlit buttons. It has received upgrades, including USB flash capability, smart battery charging, voltage adjustment, and backlit membrane pad style buttons.
- 5-year limited warranty, with extended warranty options available.: We are proud of our innovative product design, high quality and first-class reliability so we stand behind them with a strong 5, 7 or 10-year limited warranty.
- Tough, Durable All-Aluminum Enclosures: Our RhinoCoat™ powder-coated finish helps make corrosion-resistant aluminum perfect for all weather conditions.
- Quiet-Test™: All backup generators run a weekly test to ensure the system is running properly. Thanks to Quiet-Test, your Protector Series home generator runs its self-test at a lower, quieter RPM, which can be programmed to run weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly.
- Mobile Link™ Remote Monitoring: Mobile Link is the cellular remote monitoring system from Generac that allows you to check your generator’s status from anywhere in the world using your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Additional Features: Improved stub ups and electrical connection access decrease installation costs. All connections are dual conductor rated, and the implementation of quick connects for the control wires, completely eliminates the need for crimping or lugging. Improved customer connection access, which decreases installation costs.
- Alternator: Output Leads 1-Phase - 4 wire ; Output Leads 3-Phase - 6 wire
- Bore x Stroke: (in/mm) 3.41/86.5 x 3.94/100
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Cooling System: Closed
- Crankcase: (qt/l) 5.25/4.96
- Cylinders: (Number of) 4
- Displacement: (Liters) 2.4
- Electrical System: Battery Charge Alternator - 12 Volt 30 Amp ; Static Battery Charger - 2 Amp ; Recommended Battery Group 26, 525CCA ; System Voltage - 12 Volts
- Fan: Speed - (rpm) 2100 ; Diameter - (in/mm) 22/558.8 ; Mode - Puller
- Fuel Pressure: 5-14" water column/9-26 mm HG
- Fuel Type: Natural gas, propane vapor
- Governor: Electronic Isochronous, ± 0.25% Steady State Regulation
- Intake System: Turbocharged/Aftercooled
- Oil Filter: Full flow spin-on cartridge
- Oil Pump: Gear
- Type of Engine: Generac In-line
- Voltage: Electronic Single Phase, ± 1% Regulation. Features Adjustable Voltage & Gain
- Water Pump: Belt driven
- Bearings: Sealed Ball
- Coupling: Flexible Disc
- Generator: Synchronous
- Rotor: Insulation Class - H
- Engine Type
- Generac In-line 4-cylinders
- 2.4 L
- AC Output
- LP: 60 kW; Natural Gas: 60 kW