2017 Generac Guardian 8kW with 10-Circuit Switch Model #6237
Call for Price
Guardian 8kW with 10-Circuit Switch Model #6237
Provides essential circuit power protection for your home, ensuring the necessities remain powered during an outage. This affordable automatic standby generator offers protection for about half the cost of central air conditioning.
- Generac OHVI® Engine: Your Guardian Series generator might have to get you through days—or weeks—without utility power. Generac’s OHVI® engine, specifically designed for generator use, provides the reliability to power through the most severe outages.
- True Power™ Technology: Best-in-class power quality with less than 5% total harmonic distortion means clean, smooth operation of your sensitive electronics and appliances.
- Evolution™ Controller: The next generation of intuitive controllers featuring a multilingual, two-line LCD text display with color-coded, backlit buttons.
- Certified for 18" Installation to the Home: Third-party certified to NFPA standards to be installed as close as 18” from the home’s exterior wall, provided it is located away from doors, windows, and fresh-air intakes, and unless otherwise directed by local codes.
- Easy Installation: When combined with a pre-wired transfer switch, re-engineered connection points, and composite mounting pad that eliminates the need for a poured concrete base (unless specified by local codes), the Guardian Series 8 kW generator is easy to install.
- Rated for Operation in Areas with Low Natural Gas Pressure: In areas with low natural gas pressure, the Guardian Series 8 kW generator can operate on natural gas pressures of only 3.5” of water column.
- All-Weather Steel Enclosure: Our durable powder-coat finish helps make the sturdy, Galvanneal steel enclosure perfect for all weather conditions. It’s also able to withstand 150 mph winds.
- Tool-less Fuel Conversion: Switch between natural gas and LP fuel in the field in a few seconds, without the need for any tools.
- Quick, Quiet Exercise Test: Standby generators require a short run-time periodically, known as exercise, to test and ensure the system is functioning properly and ready for an emergency. The Guardian 8 kW self-test runs for only twelve minutes. Choose your schedule - weekly, bi-weekly or monthly.
- Mobile Link™ Compatible: Take advantage of Generac’s Mobile Link cellular remote monitoring system and check on your generator’s status using your computer, tablet or smartphone, even when you are away. Sold separately. Non-cellular remote monitoring options are also available for generator monitoring from inside the home.
- 24/7/365 Customer Support: Power outages don’t always occur during normal working hours. That’s why Generac’s customer care call center—right here in Wisconsin—provides support any time of day or night, all year long. Generac is standing by 24/7, every minute of every day, to answer your questions.
- 5-year Limited Warranty
- Rated Maximum Continuous Power Capacity (LP): 8,000 Watts*
- Rated Maximum Continuous Power Capacity (NG): 7,000 Watts*
- Rated Voltage: 240
- Rated Maximum Continuous Load Current – 240 Volts (LP/NG): 33.3/29.2
- Total Harmonic Distortion: Less than 5%
- Main Line Circuit Breaker: 35 Amp
- Phase: 1
- Number of Rotor Poles: 2
- Rated AC Frequency: 60 Hz
- Power Factor: 1
- Battery Requirement (not included): Group 26R, 12 Volts and 525 CCA Minimum
- Unit Weight (lb/kg): 360/163.3
- Dimensions (L x W x H) in/mm: 48 x 25 x 29/1218 x 638 x 732
- Sound output in dB(A) at 23 ft (7 m) with generator operating at normal load**: 62
- Exercise Duration: 12 min
- Type of Engine: GENERAC OHVI
- Number of Cylinders: 1
- Displacement: 410 cc
- Cylinder Block: Aluminum w/ Cast Iron Sleeve
- Valve Arrangement: Overhead Valve
- Ignition System: Solid-state w/ Magneto
- Governor System: Electronic
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Starter: 12 Vdc
- Oil Capacity Including Filter: Approx. 1.5 qt/1.4 L
- Operating rpm: 3,600
- Fuel Consumption: Natural Gas ft³/hr (m³/hr) - 1/2 Load: 78 (2.21)
- Fuel Consumption: Natural Gas ft³/hr (m³/hr) - Full Load: 121 (3.43)
- Fuel Consumption: Liquid Propane ft3/hr (gal/hr) [l/hr] - 1/2 Load: 31.6 (0.87) [3.29]
- Fuel Consumption: Liquid Propane ft3/hr (gal/hr) [l/hr] - Full Load: 51.6 (1.42) [5.37]
- 2-Line Plain Text Multilingual LCD Display: Simple user interface for ease of operation.
- Mode Buttons: Auto: Automatic Start on Utility failure. Programmable exerciser.
- Mode Buttons: Manual: Start with starter control, unit stays on. If utility fails, transfer to load takes place.
- Mode Buttons: Off: Stops unit. Power is removed. Control and charger still operate.
- Ready to Run/Maintenance Messages: Standard
- Engine Run Hours Indication: Standard
- Programmable start delay between 2-1500 seconds: Standard (programmable by dealer only)
- Utility Voltage Loss/Return to Utility Adjustable (Brownout Setting): From 140-171 V/190-216 V
- Future Set Capable Exerciser/Exercise Set Error Warning: Standard
- Run/Alarm/Maintenance Logs: 50 Events Each
- Engine Start Sequence: Cyclic cranking: Engine cranks a maximum of five times at factory set intervals and durations.
- Starter Lock-out: Starter cannot re-engage until 5 sec. after engine has stopped.
- Smart Battery Charger: Standard
- Charger Fault/Missing AC Warning: Standard
- Low Battery/Battery Problem Protection and Battery Condition Indication: Standard
- Automatic Voltage Regulation with Over and Under Voltage Protection: Standard
- Under-Frequency/Overload/Stepper Overcurrent Protection: Standard
- Safety Fused/Fuse Problem Protection: Standard
- Automatic Low Oil Pressure/High Oil Temperature Shutdown: Standard
- Overcrank/Overspeed (@ 72 Hz)/rpm Sense Loss Shutdown: Standard
- High Engine Temperature Shutdown: Standard
- Internal Fault/Incorrect Wiring Protection: Standard
- Common External Fault Capability: Standard
- Field Upgradable Firmware: Standard
NOTES:Fuel pipe must be sized for full load. Required fuel pressure to generator fuel inlet at all load ranges - 3.5-7" water column (7-13 mm mercury) for natural gas, 10-12" water column (19-22 mm mercury) for LP gas. For Btu content, multiply ft³/hr x 2500 (LP) or ft³/hr x 1000 (NG). For Megajoule content, multiply m³/hr x 93.15 (LP) or m³/hr x 37.26 (NG). **Sound levels are taken from the front of the generator. Sound levels taken from other sides of the generator may be higher depending on installation parameters. Rating definitions - Standby: Applicable for supplying emergency power for the duration of the utility power outage. No overload capability is available for this rating. (All ratings in accordance with BS5514, ISO3046 and DIN6271). * Maximum wattage and current are subject to and limited by such factors as fuel Btu/megajoule content, ambient temperature, altitude, engine power and condition, etc. Maximum power decreases about 3.5 percent for each 1,000 feet (304.8 meters) above sea level; and also will decrease about 1 percent for each 6 °C (10 °F) above 16 °C (60 °F).
- Engine Type
- GENERAC OHVI
- 410 cc
- 48 in. (1218 mm)
- 25 in. (638 mm)
- 29 in. (732 mm)
- 360 lb. (163.3 kg)
- AC Output
- LP: 8,000 Watts; Natural Gas: 7,000 Watts
- Noise Level
- 62 dB(A)